"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
Joshua 24:15
Linwood House Ministries

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Is Time Flying You By?

This blog post is kind of full of randomness. That's what happens when you have three kids...your brain turns to mush and your head is full of random thoughts, most of which are never completed!

75 days left. That's it. In 75 days I will be returning to work, never to be on a mat leave again. For REAL this time!! Honest. I swear. I Hope? If not, then the next baby will be one heck of a miracle baby...and some doctor will get a stern talking too about his surgical success rates!

I so enjoy being home with my babies, and I know I will miss this time. I also know that life moves forward and I will adjust. In the meantime, I am spending every second, of every one of those 75 days, taking advantage of being home with the kids. I love that I have this opportunity. I thank God everyday for the blessings He has given to me, even the ones that didn't seem to be much of a blessing at first.

Life is crazy busy, and yes, I am in denial right now and not wanting to face the craziness of life for when I go back to work. But, I will take it in stride and deal with it in laughter...because any other way will only make it worse:)

My kids are nuts, they didn't fall too far from the tree I guess. They are what makes me love life so much. Every day is new and fresh. Every day is unexpected, unpredictable. Yes, we have our horrible, rotten, want to give them away days too! But, I can't imagine what life would be like without them!  Okay, so there are some moments, in some days that I do, but then I get a hug; a smile; an i love you; or even some random makes-no-sense sentence of a 2 year old, and I remember how great my kids are.

Abi is my 8 year old, going on 16 with MAJOR attitude, rock-star; Emma is my Moose wanna be princess; and Dean is my smiley faced poop machine (seriously, at least 5 poops in a day!). I worry about the "teen" years with Abi, and I really hope she is working out her attitude issues now, so that I don't have to deal with it later on (a girl can dream). That's not to say I don't worry about Emma and her teen years. I actually dread that more...I have a feeling it's gonna be trouble...I have a feeling she is going to experience life A LOT. That scares me. So, I pray that God protects them and gives me the patience and resources needed to survive it. I know I shouldn't worry about it. That I should, instead, be enjoying life in the moment now, and leave the future in the future, especially since I have NO control over what will be. But, what mother doesn't worry about their kids and their future?

Peace,

D



No comments: