"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
Joshua 24:15
Linwood House Ministries

Friday, October 08, 2010

A Parent's Serenity Prayer

Wow, look at me, another blog post!!

I was poking around the internet this morning and came across the below, which made me laugh uncontrollably by the way, and I immediately wanted to share it with all my parent friends!!

Parent’s Serenity Prayer

Someone, grant me the serenity
To accept that I cannot kill my children;
Courage to not scream uncontrollably;
And wisdom to know how to fix or replace things.

Living one moment at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting broken furniture as a test;
Taking, as other parents before me, this crazy environment
As it is, and not how I dream it;
Trusting that somehow things will be okay
If I surrender to parenthood;
That I may enjoy the good times
And be supremely happy once they have children of their own
Forever returning the mayhem.
AMEN
To all my parent friends out there (and those who may not have children of their own, but who surrounded by them all day long), PEACE to you!

No comments: