"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
Joshua 24:15
Linwood House Ministries

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

CRAZINESS!

That's all I have to say about October! We are only half-way through, and so far I have seen snow on the ground (grrr) and am missing an organ - not the musical item, but body part!

It's a pretty long story, but summed up:

I thought I had indigestion. I ended up with a very painful arm during one of my indigestion attacks. I sought advice on how to ease the pain (still breastfeeding and Tylenol wasn't cutting it). Ended up in Emergency. Ended up without a gallbladder.

I'm on week two of recovery. TWO WEEKS!! I honestly didn't think it would be this long. I really thought that by Tuesday after surgery I would back up and running. Not so much.

I've always appreciated family. But this has once again showed me HOW important they are. Being there for one another, at the drop of a dime, is what it's about...and let me tell you, my family did just that. Dropped EVERYTHING. My sister-in-law came to our rescue to help with the kids while I was at the hospital, and my parents have been a HUGE help with the kids during recovery. My mom hasn't been to her yoga classes since this all happened...trust me, this is HUGE - she doesn't give those up for much! My in-laws took abi for the weekend - which provided a much needed rest for my hubby, who has been NON-STOP on the go being mom, dad, husband, and salesman!

The girls have been troopers. Abi is wonderful. I know ALL mothers say that about their kids. But she's just really impressed me the last few days. She has been understanding, patient and just plain adorable. Emma was pretty good too...I thought this might be the end to our breastfeeding wars, but not so much. She did AWESOME while I was in the hospital and during the week. Of course, we kept her away from me for most of the time (outta sight, outta mind), but when she did see me, it was if she knew that it wasn't the best of times to demand a boob. However, since the weekend, I've been up and around more, and this morning she was back to her usual hissy-fit when denied the boob. Honestly, I have NO IDEA how to get this kid off!

Well, that's about it for now...plus I'm pooped.

To those I love, peace.

D

No comments: