"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
Joshua 24:15
Linwood House Ministries

Friday, September 11, 2009

Fall 2009? Where the heck did Summer go?

I can't believe that it's September already. Really, I can't. It's not like we did lots over the summer to make it go by so quickly. I can remember as a child having adults tell me not to wish my life away, because one day I would see how fast life really goes...and now, here I am, older (not so much wiser), and life really does go fast!

Abi started Grade TWO on Wednesday - minus her two front teeth by the way (she looks so adorable). She kept telling me over and over and over again how excited she was about starting school, that I was positive she was more nervous than excited - just couldn't figure out that that was what she was feeling! She asked me in the morning to do devotions with her and to pray for her, so I knew she was definitely feeling a little anxious. She also had a bit of an upset tummy, but overall, did amazing.

When I got home from work and asked her all about her day, I almost regretted asking!! She talked, and talked, and talked...all through dinner and pretty much right until she conked out for the night!

A few weeks before school started, we got a letter from her teacher asking us to write her a letter answering some questions she had - like what sorts of educational things did we do with her over the summer! oops. I did give it an honest effort! I bought all sorts of books (reading and activity), even a journal was purchased for abi to write in at the end of every day telling about her day! We lost the journal about three weeks in! She did read all of her reading books - just not for the month of August! The activity books are a bit on the empty side! She had a very fun-filled summer...and busy.

Abi spent the first two weeks of summer at our church's Kid's Quest camps - an arts and drama one, then sports. She had a blast! It was a great way to kick off the summer for her. She then spent a week out at the cottage with my parents and auntie Sandy. She loves it up there, and we are so thankful to Auntie Sandy for opening up her cottage to us on so many occasions. Abi then spent the remainder of the summer playing with her friends in Wolseley and a couple of weeks with Momma Betty.

Abi also got to see my cousin Jen from Calgary this summer...and Jen got to meet ms. Emma. It was sooooo nice to see her! I haven't seen my cousin in YEARS. We were able to connect and got to add a couple of memories...including painting some pottery. ps. Jen - dad has your piece and will send it to you soon - it looks amazing!

We also got to spend some time with the ENTIRE Puddicombe clan, and meet our eldest nieces boyfriend. That was definitely a fun-filled weekend. It's always a great time when the Pudd's get together. I'm amazed that I've known this family now for 14 years. The love that this family has for everyone in it is truly amazing. Whenever we get together you can count on three things: lots of I love you's, belly aching laughter, and good-bye tears. It was harder saying goodbye this time, not sure why - again, "the older I get", the harder goodbye's are!

Emma is a very busy 15 month old! We have now taken to calling her moose (thought it sounded better than Bull). I love watching her. I could (and have) spend hours just watching her. She plays hard, thinks a lot, and just plows into everything...including her sister. I love to see abi and emma interact with one another. Sure, we have our jealousy issues here and there, but overall, the love these two have for one another is very obvious. I love that!!! I hope they continue to build their friendship over the years, and learn to depend on each other. If I've learned anything in this life, it's that at the end of the day, your family is all you have.

Going back to work has been pretty good. The whole family seems to have adjusted to it for the most part, and we've got a pretty good system going on. I wish I was a bit more attentive to the house, but I've never been one to put house work over cuddling! My house may be a mess, but you feel love when you walk in the door...that's important right?

I got a new tattoo this summer as well. I've wanted one since abi was born - but couldn't find the right idea to reflect her life. Well, i decided on butterflies and Hebrew lettering. I get lots of weird looks with the Hebrew part, it's funny actually. I chose Hebrew because it's a root in my faith (now, I'm aware many people would disagree, which is why I choose not to go any further) and it's something I associate too. I chose the butterflies because that is what I chose when I got married, so I figured it would be nice to add "kid" butterflies. I got the tattoo with one of my best friends...another life moment to add to the memory book.

I had two of my best friends leave Winnipeg this year, and it didn't really hit me until the second left two weeks ago. I said goodbye to her in my church parking lot, and spent the rest of the day in tears - thanks so much Erin O! I have learned so much over the last two years thanks to these two amazing ladies, and because of them, I've grown in my relationship with God. I pray that both Abi and Emma get to experience friendships like this in their life.

Well, that about sums it up. I'll post some pictures within the next day or two...not that it matters, cuz I'm not so sure anyone really reads this anymore. The blog is more of a "journal" for the girls to read when they get older...especially since I can't find the actual journal I started when pregnant with abi!

As always, to those I love, peace.

D:)

1 comment:

Sketti said...

Oh! I read it! I always check to see what your lot is up to! x