"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
Joshua 24:15
Linwood House Ministries

Monday, October 06, 2008

Abigailisms

Abi has been on a roll recently!


Abigailism #1


Abi has been learning her 'smartie words' since she started Grade One. She receives 5 words a week that she has to learn (know to look at them, spell them, and what their meaning is). Every night we go over her smartie words, and it can get a bit taxing and frustrating for both abi and mommy. SOOOO, we've been trying ways to make it fun...whatever abi thinks would be fun that day. Well, she decided it would be fun for me to guess what she is posing as, and if I guess right, then she will type out a smartie word on the computer; if I guess wrong then she types "X".


For this abigailism, I have to use pictures for you to get the full effect...


abi: what am I mom?

mom: ummm, a rock?

abi: nope, a seed!

mom: oh, i see.

abi: a big fat X for you!


abi: what am I know mom?

mom: a tree.

abi: nope. a growing seed!

mom: couldn't that technically be a tree.

abi: NO...big fat X for you again!


abi: and now mommy, what am I?

mommy: a lightpost?

abi: NOPE, wrong again mommy...I'm a flower now!! Sheesh, i'm gonna fail my smartie words if you keep this up!

mommy: then how about we try something else.

abi: no way, this way funner.



Abigailism #2


This one requires you to know my hubby. Well, not necessarily KNOW him, but understand that he is a hairy man...ape like almost (I LOVE YOU)...


My hubby sells RedBull for a living. There are two other guys that he works with, that are attached, and who we hang out with quite a bit. Abi has grown quite fond of the redbull gang - Derek (Garek) and Erin, Russ (Russell) and Katie. Abi was going through some of the pictures on my camera and spotted a picture of Erin and told me that she looked like a Bratz doll. The following conversation then took place:


mom: ha ha

abi: I think that's why erin and me are bestest of friends.

mom: why?

abi: cuz she likests Bratz like me and so we are bestest friends.

mom: oh? what about Katie?

abi: yup, her too. and Becca (another friend of the redbull widow club). Becca is fun.

mom: That's sweet. I'm glad you like mommies friends.

abi: and I love Garek (derek) (she has a HUGE crush on him, but don't tell her I told you).

mom: you do? what about Russ?

abi: yup, Russell is good too. But you know what mommy?

mom: what abs?

abi: I like daddy the bestest.

mom: that's nice, daddy sure does love you.

abi: you know why I like daddy the bestest?

mom: why?

abi: cuz he snuggles me...he so warm and cuddly, he's like a bear!

mom: in more ways than one!



Abigailism #3


We went out to Roland, Manitoba this weekend for their annual pumpkin fair with my parents and my mom (aka momma peggy) was stuck in the very back of the van with abi. Abi of course talked, and talked and TALKED all the way there and all the way back. We got a few chuckles from her here and there, but NOTHING topped abi's response when my mom told us one of abi's "secrets":


abi: momma isn't very good at keeping secrets. momma, you're an OOLLLLLD lady!







To those we love, peace.


D

No comments: