"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
Joshua 24:15
Linwood House Ministries

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just waiting for j...

I am sitting here waiting for J...I wonder if you'll bring me a latte? If not, ah well, I'll make us some yummy coffee here.

Emma is sleeping. Abi is at school. The house is a mess (as always). The laundry isn't done (as always). I've looked up some friends on facebook. Checked out TMZ and Perez Hilton and Winnipeg Free Press today. I even watched a bit of Borat...I probably should do the laundry instead. NAH!

It's been a while (as always) since my last post. It's not that I haven't had anything to post about...Abi still has her abigailism's...but I just haven't updated...like I haven't done the laundry, or cleaned the house. Spring is finally arriving, which means more sunshine, more warmth, more energy!! It also means 6 more weeks before I go BACK TO WORK!

I'm more ready this time though. It helps that I am going back to part-time, and able to work at home for one day a week. Knowing that I only have to be away from Emma for three days, makes a difference. PLUS, I'm ready to get out and enjoy a life of adults. I'm sad to not be at home, but happy to be out and about...odd really. It also helps that I love my job, AND that the daycare Emma is going to is the same one as Abi...which means she will be loved, and I don't need to worry about her while at work. HUGE RELIEF.

Emma is 10 and a half months old. She says "dad, dadda, daddeeeee, mmmom (not often though), and get. Get is what she thinks Lucy's name is! Lucy is our dog. She even points her finger at lucy and yells "Get" when she wants lucy or is looking for her. Lucy and Emma are good friends. It's funny to watch. Lucy is always watching out for Emma, and when Emma is about to do something dangerous (like explore the stairs), lucy will whine, or bark...she will even use her body as block. Emma pulls her tail, her ears, sticks her fingers in her mouth (lucy's, then her own), uses her as a stool, and tries to snuggle her often. On the VERY ODD morning, where I am actually up before the girls, Lucy is all confused and isn't sure WHICH door to go to first. Before Emma, it was always to Abi, but now there is Emma too...She runs from door to door, not sure which one to jump up at for about a minute, and I even think she takes turns! One day Emma, the next Abi. Lucy may be a pain, but she loves our family (even the ones who hate her...who shall remain nameless, but is hairy).

Emma and Abi may look a lot alike, but they are different! Emma loves food. Abi can't stand it. Emma is quiet....er. Abi is, well, Abi! Emma likes routine. Abi could care less. Emma will actually sleep. Abi, only if you drug her (kidding!). Whenever Emma is eating, all you hear is "mmm,mmm,mmm" with every single bite, and if more food isn't on her tray by the time she is done, WATCH OUT! I'm not used to that. 

After Christmas, Abi lost 6 pounds. Not much for an adult, not even much for a regular kid. But when you factor in that it's abi who was only 41 pounds at 6 years old, it's a big deal. We finally got her in to see a different doctor. It was so nice to actually have a doctor who didn't ignore my concerns..and to agree with them! Turns out that Abi has likely had Acid Reflux since she was baby. So, she has had 6 years to associate pain with food...hence, why she doesn't like food! He's put her on some medication, and it had really helped. She's been eating and gained 4 pounds in a month and a half! BUT, we had a set-back at her last check-up. Abi had been suffering from some stomach aches consistently, and spending a lot of time in the bathroom. The doctor took an x-ray of her tummy, and she is severely backed up! "months worth of poop in there" (his words). So, she is off her Acid Reflux medication and on laxatives until this gets cleared up and she gets regular, then back on her medication. Here's hoping that it doesn't take 6 months, and that she doesn't lose weight!

Well, that's a good update for now. There is more, but I've already written a page!

To those I love, peace.

D:)

No comments: